It's About Choice
Your career choice makes a big difference to your future. It affects how much money you make, your lifestyle and the satisfaction you feel from what you do every day. You can set an exciting new direction for yourself at Area 31 Career Center!
Area 31 Career Center is way more than high school. Area 31 is high school with direction, hands-on learning and real-world work experience. Prepare yourself for a high-wage, high-demand career right out of high school OR get a head start on your college degree. Earn college credits that can be transferred to a two or four year college.
Area 31 students attend career preparation classes for half-day - either morning or afternoon - everyday. The other half of the day is spent at your home high school.
Not sure which program to choose? We can help you decide which career path is right for you. The important first step is to choose Area 31 Career Programs and then to let your school counselor know you are ready for a better future.
Career Center Facts
- Area 31 Programs enroll more than 1,200 students in career classes each year
- We have 39 programs in which students can earn dual credit, and/or industry license or certification.
- Students in the Career Center earn over 5000 college credits each year.
View dual credit information (.pdf)
- More than 100 students have opportunities to co-op or participate in an internship
- Area 31 Career Center awarded more than $14,000 in scholarships last year
- 58% of Area 31 graduates are enrolled in post-secondary education
- Career Center students have an opportunity to participate in co-curricular clubs such as BPA, DECA, FCCLA, FFA, HOSA and Skills USA