|SWAT Academy Assignments
Attendance Line 988-7600
|Steve Samuel||GPS/Attendance Secretary|
|Marion Crawford||AM Tardies/Discipline Secretary|
Students attending Ben Davis Ninth Grade Center are expected to meet the following guidelines in reference to their daily attendance.
- All students will sign a general attendance contract containing the expectations, procedures, and consequences for accumulated absences and/or AM tardies.
- Students with a previous history of poor attendance will meet with SWAT members during the first two weeks of school to discuss their attendance and sign a individual attendance contract that has been prepared to address their specific areas of needed improvement.
- The parent/guardian must call in the absence at 988-7600 between 7:00 and 11:00 a.m.
- Parents of absent students not accounted for by 9:00 a.m. will be called by the attendance secretary, if possible.
- Where no contact is made by either party, the student must have a written excuse when reporting back to school.
- Any student that arrives after 7:30 a.m. with no written documentation will be counted tardy and must sign-in in the 1st floor main office before reporting to class. Students will be assigned disciplinary consequences for excessive AM tardies to school.
- All written documentation (medical or otherwise) to excuse absences must be submitted to the attendance secretary in the main office. If no documentation is received, the absence will remain unexcused.
- Restriction of Work Permit/ Invalidation of Work Permit.
- Restriction from gaining Driver’s License or Permit/Invalidation of Driver’s License or Permit.
- Other school consequences including In-School Suspension.
- Restriction on participating in or attendance at extracurricular events.
- Referral to Truancy Court.
- Referral of Parent to court for Educational Neglect.
- Removal from regular school setting and placement in alternative school setting.
AM Tardy Policy
~ Late AM Arrival to School (Period 1/2) ~
- The only excused tardies are doctor or dentist appointments with written statements or court appearances.
- Four AM tardies are allowed for illness, missing the bus, and the kinds of tardies which make students late to school. However, anything over four is considered excessive.
- At the fifth AM tardy, students will be assigned a detention.
- At the eighth AM tardy, another detention will be assigned.
- At the tenth AM tardy, 1 day of in-school suspension will be assigned, and the parent will be called.
- Every third tardy thereafter will result in at least 1 day of in-school suspension with the possibility of multiple days.
- One a student has reached 15 AM tardies, the attendance procedures will begin starting with a probationary attendance contract, removal of work permit and driving license/permit privileges, and eventually lead to placement in an alternative program – see attendance procedures for students with an excessive amount of absences in the section above.
Printer Friendly Version (.pdf)