Student Computer Policy
The use of computer technology at Ben Davis High School is a privilege with
responsibility. Failure to abide by the following guidelines
may result in the revoking of computer privileges.
1. Do not attempt to modify the appearance or operation of any computer--this includes but is not limited to commands, copying or installing software, or copying files of any type. Every computer should remain in its default configuration.
2.Tampering with or vandalizing hardware, software, or data will not be tolerated. It is each student's responsibility to check the computer each day before and after use and to report problems to the teacher immediately.
3.No diskettes, CD-ROMs or USB drives are allowed unless specified by the teacher, who is required to scan a diskette before use.
4.Games that are not related to course curriculum are not allowed.
5. No student is to use a computer without an authorized staff member present. This includes before school, after school, during lunch, and all other times. To use computers after school, the student must prove they are completing an assignment, show school ID, and sign in with a teacher
6. No food or drink is allowed near a computer.
7. A student must save files in his/her directory on the file server (H: drive). Any files stored on the hard drive will be erased without notice. Files may not be downloaded from the Internet.
8. A student may use only the software approved by the teacher of the current class.
9. The student is responsible for his/her own password and should change it whenever necessary for security reasons. A student may log in using only his/her own User ID and password, which must be kept confidential at all times.
10. A student may use only his/her own server directory and should never be in another student's directory or files. All student directories on servers will be erased at the end of the school year.
11. Students may not send messages over the network.
12.Student's may not access any private E-mail accounts from any school computer.
13. Only authorized students may use the Internet, and they must abide by the conditions of the MSD of Wayne Township Telecommunications and Internet Acceptable Use Policy (IJND).
14. A student using the Internet may visit only teacher-approved sites. No web sites should be printed without teacher approval. The Internet at BDHS is for educational use only!