BDU News and Events
BDU Business Luncheon
BDU had an amazing business luncheon on May 12. Thank you to all the Board & Cabinet members that attended the event as well as LHC's amazing Show Choir who performed. Our guest speaker this year was State Rep. Karlee Macer and she did a wonderful job sharing her experiences and advice with the students regarding making positive choices that will impact their future success in the career field.
BDU Parent Night
BDU's 9 into 10 Parent Night was very well attended by our incoming sophomores and their parents and siblings.
Our fabulous Eco-Club under the direction of club sponsor, Robbie Foote, beautified grant funded WTP gardens this past week during a service day out.
BDU Seniors Participates in VU Commencement
Forty-five of our BDU Scholars participated in the Vincennes University Commencement Ceremony April 30 and were awarded their first college degree!
Teacher Swap Day at BDU
BDU Seniors participated in our first annual senior-teacher swap day and taught classes under the supervision of their favorite teachers on Wednesday, May 4. What a truly authentic experience!
BDU Prom at Arts Garden Terrace
BDU had an amazing Prom at the Arts Garden Terrace downtown in Circle Center Mall. All the scholars that attended the event were dressed in their best and had a great time. Congratulations to Prom King Enrique Barbosa, Prom Queen Pritali Patel, Prom Prince Daion Butler and Prom Princess Dasha Wimberly.
Significant Components of BDU
- Small, personalized school environment promoting the inclusion and belonging of all students
- Advisory program designed to promote strong student-teacher relationships as well as provide academic, social, and behavioral support for students as they are enrolled in rigorous courses
- Dual credit courses for all students in one of four majors
- Frequent, detailed communication with students and their parents
- Teachers/instructors who meet Vincennes University’s faculty criteria
- Free college tuition for students, provided by the school district at a reduced rate as negotiated with Vincennes University
- Daily schedule which includes additional study and resource time for all students
- Daily schedule which includes collaboration time for staff
- Utilization of technology, 21st century skills, and project based learning
- Student internships in grades 11 and 12
- Peer tutoring and study tables available after school Monday through Thursday
- Student application process which requires attainment of 11 or more credits in grade 9, minimum grade point average of 2.2, and demonstrated motivation and commitment; many students are also first generation college
Degree Program Options
- Associates of General Studies Degree - Liberal Arts
- Associates of General Studies Degree - Business Management
- Associates of General Studies Degree - Information Technology
- Associates of General Studies Degree - Health Careers
Ben Davis University High School is a small, focused high school program where students can earn a Core 40 high school diploma while also earning college credits toward an Associate Degree from Vincennes University through dual credit opportunities. The program will include internships with business partners, project based learning, and inquiry learning. The program design is sometimes referred to as an early college high school.
What Makes BDU So Special? Amos Brown, radio talk show host visited BDU and interviewed administration, parents, staff, current and alumni students on what makes BDU so special. View photos taken from his interviews.