Students may request transcripts online.
Ask for Help with Your Homework
Quote of the Week
"Everyone faces challenges in life. It's a matter of how you learn to overcome them and use them to your advantage."
- Celestine Chua
Fact of the Week
What are the only birds who can see the color blue.
BDUHS News and Events
Future BDU Students Attend Event
Ben Davis University High School is focused on including our freshman students on the University
Academy as much as possible through collaboration and events with the Ninth Grade Center.
This week for instance, our sophomore guidance counselor and recruitment coordinator, Flora Jones
attended a University field trip to see Romeo & Juliet at the Butler University campus.
Extra Mile Award Recognition
Jah Blamo is our head custodian at BDU.
"I had the honor last night of attending a recognition of Jah Blamo who was selected for the Extra Mile Award and honored before the School Board meeting for all of the work that he does for our building as well as the mentoring and time he spends with all of our students!
Check out this sharp attire! He looked awesome for the event. If you see Jah, please congratulate him for this well deserved honor recognizing the MANY things that he does for all of the staff and students at BDU, WTP, and ABE! Thank you Jah!" -Rebecca Daughterty
BDU Parent/Teacher Conference Re-cap
We want to thank all of the parents and students who attended our 2013 parent conferences!
This year we had all parents that attended enter a drawing to win Cap & Gowns for Seniors or X-Mester Scholarships for Juniors & Sophomores. We are very excited to announce our 12 winners from the drawing which total over $1200 that will be awarded to these students!
Thank you again for coming! We will continue to give away awards to parents who attend the Junior or Sophomore Audits in the spring and counselors will be contacting you 2nd semester with the schedule for days/times.
BDU is Adding a new Requirement to our Advisory Class
After Fall break, students will have to complete 3 hours of service each quarter. Our student council did a wonderful job of putting
together a pamphlet with a listing of community service opportunities including many in Wayne!
BDU currently has over 12 students that volunteer either full or part-time for HOSTS. Service learning is an important part of our college going culture. These valuable learning experiences not only help our scholars develop a more well rounded high school experience, but they are also extremely valuable in applying for college scholarships.
Ben Davis University High School is a small, focused high school program where students can earn a Core 40 high school diploma while also earning college credits toward an Associate Degree from Vincennes University through dual credit opportunities. The program will include internships with business partners, project based learning, and inquiry learning. The program design is sometimes referred to as an early college high school.
What Makes BDU So Special? Amos Brown, radio talk show host visited BDU and interviewed administration, parents, staff, current and alumni students on what makes BDU so special. View photos taken from his interviews.
Whats New at Ben Davis University?
Kevin O'Day, English teacher at Ben Davis University High School, leads a discussion of Dante's "Inferno."
October You Make
A Difference Winner
BDU Volunteers at the WTP Sock Hop and Four Seniors Get Accepted to IUPUI
Significant Components of BDUHS:
- Small, personalized school environment promoting the inclusion and belonging of all students
- Advisory program designed to promote strong student-teacher relationships as well as provide academic, social, and behavioral support for students as they are enrolled in rigorous courses
- Dual credit courses for all students in one of four majors
- Frequent, detailed communication with students and their parents
- Teachers/instructors who meet Vincennes University’s faculty criteria
- Free college tuition for students, provided by the school district at a reduced rate as negotiated with Vincennes University
- Daily schedule which includes additional study and resource time for all students
- Daily schedule which includes collaboration time for staff
- Utilization of technology, 21st century skills, and project based learning
- Student internships in grades 11 and 12
- Peer tutoring and study tables available after school Monday through Thursday
- Student application process which requires attainment of 11 or more credits in grade 9, minimum grade point average of 2.2, and demonstrated motivation and commitment; many students are also first generation college
Degree Program Options:
- Associates of General Studies Degree - Liberal Arts
- Associates of General Studies Degree - Business Management
- Associates of General Studies Degree - Information Technology
- Associates of General Studies Degree - Health Careers