Student Handbook: 2012-13 Student Handbook.pdf
Grades Served: Kindergarten-Grade 6
Location:Located on West Morris Street between Bridgeport Rd. and Raceway Rd.
Student Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Belief Statement: We believe Bridgeport Elementary is a safe, positive, and exciting environment for the school community. An open, collaborative partnership with parents, students, teachers and support staff is fostered through respect and communication. We believe all children can and will learn through differentiated instruction and curriculum.
Our school provides some of the following learning opportunities for our students:
- Looping and/or Multi-age classrooms
- After school learning clubs
- Differentiated instruction
- After school tutoring
- Science Lab with focused instruction grades 3-6
Theme: "Learning for All, All for Learning, Whatever it Takes!"
School Colors: Burgundy and Silver
Enrollment: As of November 1, 2011, 770 students
Spring 2012 Results for Indiana Statewide Testing Educational Progress (ISTEP)
|Grade||Language Arts||Math||Social Studies||Science|
Our School: Bridgeport Elementary is located on approximately 10 acres of ground. This state of the art elementary building includes:
- Computer lab with 28 workstations
- Computer Mini-lab with 15 portable workstations
- Large group instruction room
- Professional Development Lab
- Video Production Room
- H.O.S.T.S Room
- Parent/Community Room
- Before & After School Care Room
- Sensory Integration Room
- Media Center
for working with your child(ren) at home: We believe that together,
the school and family can help provide a framework for success for your child. By using these
suggested strategies at home, your child will benefit.
- Complete all homework, special study packets, or additional work that is sent home
- Listen to your child read as often as possible and model good reading-out loud for your child
- Communicate with your child's teacher - do not hesitate to call and set up an appointment to talk with the teacher
- Support the school if we suggest your child stay for after school tutoring
- Make sure children attend school each day
- Let children know that school is important
- Come to any parent information night that is offered
MSD of Wayne Township K-8 Grading Scale
|Grade Level Standards||Scoring
|Description of Achievement Level on the Applicable Standards|
|Exemplary||4||100||A+||The student demonstrates mastery at or above the 90% level on the appropriate state standards.|
|Proficient||3||87-89||B+||The student demonstrates mastery at or above the 80% level on the appropriate state standards.|
|Progressing||2||77-79||C+||The student demonstrates mastery at or above the 70% level on the appropriate state standards.|
|Not Yet Meeting Standard||1||Below 70||F*||The grade of F indicates that the student did not demonstrate achievement at or above the 70% level on the appropriate state standards.|