Chapel Hill students are expected to follow school and district rules, as well as all state and federal laws. Any violations of these rules/laws could result in disciplinary action by school officials, or law enforcement officers. School rules apply to all district school facilities/grounds, at school bus stops, and during all recognized school functions. Administrators will assign consequences only after due process is given as required by law. These rules include but are not limited to the following:
- Students are required to attend school and all classes on time.
- Students will carry and maintain a Success Binder daily.
- Students must carry on agenda book and wear CHC ID on a lanyard daily.
- Students must be in their supervised areas at all times.
- Students will follow directions the first time given.
- Students will not touch others.
- Students will not use profane language or images; nor will students use language, gestures or electronic communications to bully, threaten, or harass others.
- Students will not sell or buy items that are not school-sponsored.
- Students will not bring any item to school that disturbs the educational environment. Confiscated items will be returned only to parents, and must be claimed by the final student school day.
- Students will use school property for its intended use.
- Students will not possess items which are illegal for them. In addition, students will not posses images of illegal items.
- Students who have earned a suspension or expulsion are excluded from any school property or function without prior approval by an Administration.
- Students will not record (auditory or visually) without permission.